Wednesday 2 August 2023

Improved fuel consumption

When driving recently, I was able to improve the diesel mileage from 15.1 mpg (15.8 l per 100km) to 20.2 mpg (11.8 l per 100km). 
This could be either because now that the vehicle no longer just stands around at the dealer but is driven, it is more in motion and the engine is better lubricated.
Or it could be because I deliberately have been paying attention and was driving much slower that initially.

The van easily goes with 120 km/h (70 mph), the engine with its 150hp has no problems accelerating the van, and it feels still driving very smoothly at that speed. But the big Luton box will cause a lot of drag, and that has probably brought the fuel consumption up.
 
Recently I have limited my speed to 80 km/h (50 mph), and the result was this lower consumption. Will observe if I can keep this consumption so low.

No comments:

Post a Comment