Saturday 12 August 2023

Grommets Are Us

My friend Ken in Leeds was always disgusted about my ways of "temporarily" using tape and cables to attach electronic devices to my van. For example, my two rear view cameras were not properly connected with hidden cables, but had the cabling fed through the door seal on the driver's side. Was actually quite annoying.., these cables are a safety hazard, when dangling in front of me while driving.

So today I decided to fix this and rewire the two rear view camera with proper cabling, hidden, and by using watertight grommets.

This was my original cabling, going through a hole in the bottom of the overhead store:


And that is how it looks now: no dangling cables anymore. They are hidden inside the paneling of the cabin.



I even used the grommet of the top rear view camera, to get the cable through the steed of the box frame:



And inside the Luton box there are now three watertight grommets making the connection to the drive cabin:


I am sure that Ken will be very happy to see this!

No comments:

Post a Comment