Saturday 14 October 2023

Water test: it is raining today

Today, on Saturday, it did rain. A good test for all my windows and holes that I drilled into the van.

First I noticed a leak around the air outlet of the A/C. The reason was that the outlet covers the slit where two side panels hit. And at that slight gap, water could enter from the top into the outlet cover.

I did fix this by first removing the outlet cover, then putting some black Sikaflex around the edges of the cover, then affixing it again. The next rain will be the next test.

I also saw that the top right window let a few droplets of water in. I could not identify where the gap was - will investigate and will close with more Sikaflex.

The two bulls eye windows were watertight, but the left window was not fully pressed against the rubber seal. I will fix this shortly, when I will cut out the round hole in that 50x50 square wooden plate, which then will be affixed and pressed against the window from the inside, pushing it towards the rubber seal.

The three newly installed windows appeared to be tight: water accumulated at the bottom edge, but did not flow into the inside.



No comments:

Post a Comment