Thursday 2 November 2023

The doors - continued

The doors already had their frame mounted onto the Plexiglass, But I now needed to place the blurry foil at the lower half of the doors. So I had to unscrew the frame at the lower door segment, then place the foil onto the Plexiglass, then affix the frame bars again. In addition I added a center frame as an upper limit of the blurry glass area.

After preparing the doors, I needed now to attach them to the frame into the van. First I used two external hinges in the middle height, to affix the doors at the sides of the frame.

However, when trying to add the other hidden hinges, this was not possible because they were smaller, and the axis of the hinges did not coincide. Therefore, I needed to remove the outer center hinge and only use the hidden hinges. For each door I used 5 of these hinges. This works OK.

Affixing the blurry foil onto the lower half of a door.

One of the hidden hinges

One of the doors in its place.


The doors in their place at the van.



View from the inside through the doors.


Using vertical blinds as a cover for these doors



First "locks" from the inside - for keeping the doors in place.


Missing now is still the actual door lock and the door handle. I have the parts, but will need to solve a few problems regarding the way this lock will be used for opening and closing/locking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment