Saturday 4 May 2024

Repairing the damaged rear door

A few weeks ago when I wanted to load something into the Luton box that I just bought at the home improvement DIY store, I had opened the right of the rear Plexiglass doors. A strong wind gust then slammed the door against the Luton box, and the Plexiglas shattered in the upper right corner.

I had not put in place the rubber expander rope which would keep the door from slamming too far open... next time I would hopefully remember to fix this before letting a wind gust slam it.



I put some duct tape at the edge to provisionally fix the door.



For a more permanent fix I had to order a new Plexiglass sheet.



I replaced the wooden right support beam in the door frame.





I used the opportunity to add a cat door for my two cats. Just a simple mechanical one, without any electronics or chip detection.


Added a support frame for the cat door.






And - ready. Now the doors can again be fully used, and a cat flap is also included.





No comments:

Post a Comment